Milwaukee Yamaha's Josh Brookes and Broc Parkes have taken consistent steps forward during the second day on track at Brands Hatch to qualify in fourth and ninth place respectively ahead of tomorrow?s two races at the second round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship.
Brookes had been pushing for a front row start but narrowly missed out by 0.059s, to secure fourth place on the grid for the opening race. Parkes also had a positive day to leap up the timesheets and into the top ten and confident of further improvements in warm up tomorrow.
Josh Brookes Josh Brookes
P4 - 45.646s
"We've improved the bike as a whole, we're quite consistent, but I made a lot of mistakes in qualifying - I don't think we've found the sweet spot with the bike as it is at the moment. I can do fairly close to the fastest lap times, fairly regularly, so as a race set up goes, we're in good form.
"I know in myself, from what I've felt with the bike that it can be better - especially that last corner. I love to run it wider and I have to slow down the bike a bit more to find the grip, to come back and I think I'm losing time there. It's just putting it all together and tailoring it together, so it all works in conjunction, rather than just one good bit and then suffering somewhere else. Overall I'm quite positive about tomorrow."
Broc Parkes Broc Parkes
P9 - 46.330s
"I am actually pretty happy as after yesterday I wanted to be in the top ten. We made some big improvements and I felt much better - there was a better feeling with the bike and that showed.
"I struggled with the last corner where I hadn't ridden the Indy circuit until yesterday, and that section is so crucial. I have been working on that and still have time to find out more in the warm-up session and take steps forwards. We will then try and fight hard in the races."
1. James Ellison (GBR), Kawasaki - JG Speedfit Kawasaki, 45.310
2. Jakub Smrz (CZE), Ducati - Lloyds British Moto Rapido, 45.567
3. Ryuichi Kiyonari (JPN), BMW - Buildbase BMW Motorrad, 45.587
4. Josh Brookes (AUS), Yamaha - Milwaukee Yamaha, 45.646
5. Shane Byrne (GBR), Kawasaki - PBM Kawasaki, 45.676
6. Stuart Easton (GBR), Kawasaki - PBM Kawasaki, 45.763
7. Jason O'Halloran (AUS), Honda - Honda Racing, 45.823
8. Christian Iddon (GBR), Suzuki - Bennetts Suzuki, 46.019
9. Broc Parkes (AUS), Yamaha - Milwaukee Yamaha, 46.330
10. Jack Kennedy (IRL), Kawasaki - Team WD40 Kawasaki, 46.366