On June 16, AKB48's "General Election", which will decide the Senbatsu members to participate in the group's 53rd single, was held at Nagoya Dome.
A total of 339 girls ran for candidacy in the group's 10th event. This year, SKE48's Matsui Jurina came out on top. She started her speech by saying, "I won't cry today, because I'm only grateful." She continued, "I've always thought that becoming first in the General Election was the goal. I am number one right now. Which is why... I won't graduate!"
Check out the top 16 members below.
01. Matsui Jurina - SKE48 Team S : 194,453 votes
02. Suda Akari - SKE48 Team E：154,011 votes
03. Miyawaki Sakura - HKT48 Team KIV：141,106 votes
04. Ogino Yuka - NGT48 Team NIII： 81,629 votes
05. Okada Nana - AKB48 Team 4, STU48：75,067 votes
06. Yokoyama Yui - AKB48 Team A： 67,465 votes
07. Muto Tomu - AKB48 Team K：62,611 votes
08. Oba Mina - SKE48 Team KII：53,998 votes
09. Yabuki Nako - HKT48 Team H：51,620 votes
10. Tanaka Miku - HKT48 Team H： 50,175 votes
11. Soda Sarina - SKE48 Team KII：48,671 votes
12. Takahashi Juri - AKB48 Team B：48,100 votes
13. Mukaichi Mion - AKB48 Team A：47,485 votes
14. Yoshida Akari - NMB48 Team M：46,837 votes
15. Furuhata Nao - SKE48 Team KII：45,688 votes
16. Honma Hinata - NGT48 Team NIII：39,241 votes