Japan's Defense Minister Takeshi Iwaya says officials have confirmed that no North Korean projectiles have entered Japan's territory or its exclusive economic zone.
Iwaya spoke to reporters on Tuesday morning shortly after North Korea fired projectiles twice earlier in the day.
Iwaya said that he believes the North is trying to improve its missile-related technologies through a series of launches. He added that the defense ministry will keep a close watch on what it regards a serious issue.
He was asked if he sees any connections between the latest projectile launches and South Korea's decision to end its intelligence-sharing pact with Japan, called the General Security of Military Information Agreement.
The defense minister replied that the ministry wants to identify Pyongyang's intention through analysis and respond appropriately.