Lawson, Sagawa Agree To Tie Up In Delivery Services



Lawson, Sagawa agree to tie up in delivery servicesRetailer Lawson Inc. and logistics company SG Holdings Co. said Tuesday they have agreed to form an alliance to offer a delivery service out of convenience stores, with the aim of better coping with the needs of the growing number of working women and the elderly.



Convenience store chain operator Lawson and SG Holdings, which has Sagawa Express Co. under its wing, said they will set up a joint venture named SG Lawson in June, with the former taking a 51 percent stake in the new company and the latter the remaining 49 percent.

The company will offer delivery services for boxed meals and other items sold at Lawson stores as well as packages assigned to Sagawa Express. The delivery staff will also take orders for Lawson products, including daily necessities, to attract working families and older customers who do not want to go out.