Six Andalusia Isshinryu Karate students said “HiYa!” at the USYKA Summer Camp on July 26 at Henry Horton State Park in Columbia, Tenn.
While there, the students met with instructors and other students from several schools from a four-state area to work out, Andalusia Isshinryu Karate instructor Mark Rudd said.
Additionally, members from the local class competed in a board-breaking competition.
At the camp, the students started the day early at 6 a.m. with an hour-long workout, and then attended seminars and clinics by different master instructors in a variety of areas — tournament forms, weapons, full-contact training, juijitsu and others, Rudd said.
After the training day, the students moved to the conference center, where the board-breaking competition was held.
Andalusia’s students placed in the following board-breaking divisions for their age and rank:
• Dalton Spears — second place, brown belt
• Kila Owens — second place, yellow belt
• Landon Caldwell — third place, green belt
• Konner Owens — fourth place, yellow belt
• Rexanne Butler — fourth place, black belt
• Allen Butler — third place, black belt