Actress Sawajiri Admits To Drug Charges

Actress Sawajiri admits to drug charges

Japanese actress Erika Sawajiri has pleaded guilty to possession of illegal drugs.

Sawajiri's trial opened at the Tokyo District Court on Friday.

Ldp Lawmaker Admits Donation From Company Tied To 500.com

LDP lawmaker admits donation from company tied to 500.com

A ruling party lawmaker has admitted to receiving a donation of 1 million yen ($9,200) from an executive of a Sapporo tourism company that has been linked with a suspected bribe-offering Chinese company.

However, Toshimitsu Funahashi, a 59-year-old Lower House member of the Liberal Democratic Party, denied accepting any money from the Chinese company, 500.com.

Man Accused Of Train Attack Admits To Killing

Man accused of train attack admits to killing

The defendant accused of a deadly stabbing rampage on a Japanese bullet train in 2018 appeared in court on Thursday and admitted that he intended to kill someone.

Ichiro Kojima, 23, was charged with stabbing a man to death aboard a Shinkansen bullet train running near Tokyo. He also wounded two women.

Sources: Sawajiri Admits Using Drugs For Years

Sources: Sawajiri admits using drugs for years

Investigative sources say Japanese actress Erika Sawajiri has admitted using other illegal drugs as well as MDMA for a long time.

Sawajiri was arrested on Saturday on suspicion of possessing the synthetic drug MDMA at her apartment in Tokyo. She reportedly told police she used the drug.

Sawajiri Admits To Using Illegal Drugs

Sawajiri admits to using illegal drugs

Sources close to the investigation of Japanese actress Erika Sawajiri say she has admitted to using illegal drugs for some time.

Police sent Sawajiri to prosecutors on Sunday after arresting her the previous day on suspicion of possessing illegal substances, including the synthetic drug MDMA.

Nissan Ceo Saikawa Admits He Was Overpaid, In Policy Violation

Nissan CEO Saikawa admits he was overpaid, in policy violation

TOKYO — Nissan Motor Co was embroiled in another scandal over executive pay on Thursday after Chief Executive Hiroto Saikawa admitted to being overpaid in violation of internal procedures under a scheme designed by ousted Chairman Carlos Ghosn. An internal investigation found that Saikawa and other executives had received improper compensation, a source with knowledge of the matter told Reuters, raising doubts about Saikawa's pledge to improve governance in the wake of Ghosn's arrest last year for alleged financial misconduct. Saikawa apologized and vowed to return any improperly paid money as he admitted to Japanese reporters earlier on Thursday that he had wrongly received stock-related compensation under "a scheme of the Ghosn era." "I am deeply sorry for causing concern," Saikawa said, according to Jiji Press. In other comments reported by Kyodo news, Saikawa denied any direct role in the execution of a stock appreciation rights (SAR) scheme and said he thought "proper procedures" had been taken. The improper payments, including tens of millions of yen Saikawa received through the SAR scheme, were disclosed on Wednesday at a meeting of Nissan's audit committee, said the source who declined to be identified because the information is not public. Disciplinary action regarding the issue would be discussed at an upcoming board meeting, the source added. Nissan said in a statement that the findings from its probe including issues related to the share appreciation rights would be submitted to its board on Sept. 9. The company has been trying to strengthen governance, slash costs and boost flagging profitability amid persistent allegations of financial misconduct stemming from Ghosn's 20-year reign at Japan's second-biggest automaker. Ghosn is awaiting trial in Japan over charges including enriching himself at a cost of $5 million to Nissan. Kyodo reported that proceedings could start as early as March. He denies any wrongdoing and says he is the victim of a boardroom coup. Confidence in Saikawa had already been shaken by accusations he was too close to Ghosn, whose arrest in November rocked the global auto industry and exposed tensions in the automaking partnership between Nissan and Renault SA. The company launched its internal investigation after Japanese magazine Bungei Shunju in June published accusations by former director Greg Kelly that Saikawa was granted an exception in 2013 to reschedule a stock-linked bonus that bumped up the payout by 47 million yen ($445,962). Like Ghosn, Kelly is awaiting trial on charges of financial misconduct which he denies. The latest compensation issue could exacerbate tensions with top shareholder Renault, after a failed attempt by the French automaker to secure a full merger with Nissan and to combine Renault with Fiat Chrysler (FCA). Saikawa opposed both plans. Renault spokesman Frederic Texier declined to comment on the issue on Thursday. But a source close the company said Renault would "respect Nissan's governance" and leave the board to consider its response. The alliance partners are discussing reforms that could win Nissan's support for a renewed FCA-Renault tie-up, including a potential reduction to Renault's 43.4% stake in Nissan. Saikawa was re-appointed by shareholders with the lowest approval rating among the 11 directors in June.

Medical University Admits Exam-tampering

Medical university admits exam-tampering

Tokyo Medical University has admitted to tampering with entrance exam scores to raise the bar for women and for men who failed such exams several times.

Tokyo prosecutors indicted Masahiko Usui, former chairman of the university's board of regents, and the university's former president last month on bribery charges.

Boxing Chief Admits Friendship With Ex-gangster

Boxing chief admits friendship with ex-gangster

The chairman of the Japan Amateur Boxing Federation has admitted to a decades-long association with a gangster.

Akira Yamane told NHK on Sunday that the 2 became friends when he was a teenager, and that their friendship continued after he joined the board of the boxing federation in 1991.

Square Enix Admits Final Fantasy Vii Remake Was Announced Too Early

Square Enix Admits Final Fantasy VII Remake Was Announced Too Early

The Final Fantasy VII remake was announced back in 2015 and now fast forward 3 years later, we still don't have anything to look forward to. The game's producer Tetsuya Nomura has reassured fans that the game is in development but when exactly we can expect its release is anyone's guess.

This means that fans could still end up waiting about 4-5 years at the very least. However it seems that this wait could have felt "shorter" had Square Enix chosen to announce the game at a later date, something that Nomura himself had admitted. Speaking to Multiplayer (via Stevivor), Nomura was quoted as saying, "I am aware that we announced it very early, but in the industry, word was starting to spread that we were working on the game, so we decided to stop keeping it a secret and to reveal it officially."

Ministry Admits To Inflating Waste Disposal Cost

Ministry admits to inflating waste disposal cost

Japan's Finance Ministry has admitted that its local bureau asked to pad the waste removal cost in a land deal in an alleged favoritism scandal.

It revealed this at a Lower House committee meeting on Monday in connection with the sale of state-owned land to school operator Moritomo Gakuen at a fraction of market value.