Demolition Of Kyoto Animation Studio Complete

Demolition of Kyoto Animation studio complete

Workers have finished demolishing a Kyoto Animation studio that was damaged in a deadly arson attack in July last year.

The blaze claimed the lives of 36 employees and wounded 33 others.

Kyoto Animation To Demolish Studio

Kyoto Animation to demolish studio

NHK has learned that Kyoto Animation will demolish the studio that was badly damaged in a deadly arson attack in July. The blaze killed 36 employees and injured 33 others.

Sources tell NHK the company explained its demolition plan to local residents on Saturday.

Anime Fans Gather At Kyoto Animation Memorial

Anime fans gather at Kyoto Animation memorial

Anime fans from Japan and abroad have gathered in Kyoto to say farewell to 36 employees of Kyoto Animation who died in an arson attack in July. The blaze left 33 other people injured.

The event was held on Sunday with the aim of mourning the anime creators and keeping their hopes alive.

Memorial Held For Kyoto Animation Victims

Memorial held for Kyoto Animation victims

About 500 people from the anime industry and supporters gathered in Kyoto on Saturday to remember the victims of the deadly arson attack on Kyoto Animation studio in July.

Thirty-six people were killed and 33 others injured in the attack.

Kyoto Animation President Says Work Will Continue

Kyoto Animation president says work will continue

The president of Kyoto Animation has held his first news conference since the deadly arson attack on the company's studio three months ago. The incident on July 18 has killed 36 people.

Hideaki Hatta on Friday pledged to continue making quality work with remaining members of the studio.

Motive In Kyoto Animation Attack Still Unknown

Motive in Kyoto Animation attack still unknown

Police say it will take more time yet to know the motive behind the arson attack on a Kyoto Animation studio, as the suspect is still hospitalized. Friday marks three months since the deadly attack.

The attack occurred in Kyoto City on July 18. It left 36 people dead and 33 wounded. Four remain hospitalized.

Kyoto Animation Releases First Film After Attack

Kyoto Animation releases first film after attack

The Japanese animation production company Kyoto Animation has released its first new film since a deadly arson attack at one of its studios in July that killed 35 of its employees.

The film was released nationwide on Friday. At a movie theater in Kyoto City, many fans came to see it.

Names Of 10 Of Kyoto Animation Victims Released

Names of 10 of Kyoto Animation victims released

The Kyoto Prefectural Police Headquarters have released the names of ten of the 35 victims who died in the arson attack on a Kyoto Animation studio last month.

Police investigators have identified all the victims of the July 18 attack, but the headquarters had withheld the information until now.

Kyoto Animation To Release New Film

Kyoto Animation to release new film

Not even a devastating arson attack has prevented Kyoto Animation from delivering entertainment to its fans. Studio officials say they will release a new film in September. It will be their first movie since the deliberately set fire on July 18 sent shock waves around the world.

The film is titled "Violet Evergarden Side-Story: Eternity and the Auto Memories Doll". The story revolves around a young woman who is an ex-soldier. She learns about love and acquires emotions by writing letters for others.

Kyoto Animation: Original Images Remain On Server

Kyoto Animation: Original images remain on server

Officials from Kyoto Animation say they have found data of some original anime images on a computer server that survived the deadly arson attack on its studio.

The animation studio lost a lot of material, including original stills of popular anime works that were drawn on paper, in the July 18 fire that killed 35 people.

Govt. To Extend Support To Kyoto Animation

Govt. to extend support to Kyoto Animation

Japan's Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga says the government plans to discuss how to extend support to the animation studio in Kyoto that suffered a deadly arson attack.

Suga's remarks come as a nonpartisan group of Japanese lawmakers that promotes animation production calls on the government to urgently take any possible measures to rescue the Kyoto Animation studio and its surviving staff from their plight.

Japan's Govt. Considering Help For Kyoto Animation

Japan's govt. considering help for Kyoto Animation

The Japanese government is considering helping the animation studio in Kyoto that suffered a deadly arson attack to recover. The government responded to a call from a nonpartisan group of lawmakers.

The group promoting animation production says many talented animators were killed in the arson attack on the Kyoto Animation studio on July 18. It is calling on the government to urgently take all possible measures to rescue the studio and its surviving staff from their plight.

Firefighters Speak About Kyoto Animation Blaze

Firefighters speak about Kyoto Animation blaze

Two firefighters in Kyoto City who responded to the deadly fire at an animation studio have spoken about the incident.

Kyoto Animation's No.1 studio was set ablaze by an arsonist on July 18, killing 34 people. The city's fire department mobilized 55 vehicles to extinguish the blaze and conduct rescue operations.

Online Charity Drive For Kyoto Animation

Online charity drive for Kyoto Animation

The Japan Animation Creators Association and Yahoo Japan have launched an online charity website to help Kyoto Animation recover from a deadly arson attack on one of its studios.

They are soliciting donations for the animation production company and victims of the July 18 fire.