Fans Plan To 'raid' Sony's Office To Protest Spider-man's Removal From The Mcu

Fans Plan To 'Raid' Sony's Office To Protest Spider-Man's Removal From The MCU

When it was announced that Sony and Disney would be working together to bring Spider-Man into the MCU, it was a huge deal. Sony has attempted several Spider-Man movies in the past, but due to the fact that it existed separate to other Marvel movies, it always felt that something was not right.

The partnership has since spawned two very successful movies, with Spider-Man: Far From Home earning over $1 billion. Unfortunately, as you might have heard, that partnership seems o have come to an end, where negotiations between Sony and Disney have broken down, resulting in Spider-Man being taken out of the MCU.

Spider-man's Future In The Mcu Is In Jeopardy As Sony And Marvel Can't Reach An Agreement

Spider-Man's Future In The MCU Is In Jeopardy As Sony And Marvel Can't Reach An Agreement

Following the success of Spider-Man: Far From Home and with the way the movie ended, it was largely assumed that there would be a third Spider-Man movie in the works. While there still might be, it seems that Marvel/Disney’s involvement with the movie could be at an end, at least according to a report from Deadline.

The publication claims that due to Disney wanting a 50/50 co-financing stake in future Spider-Man movies, Sony has ultimately decided to walk away from the partnership, putting Spider-Man’s future in the MCU at jeopardy. For those unfamiliar, Sony still owns the rights to Spider-Man’s appearances in movies, which meant that while the films were produced by Marvel, Sony would still have the right to pull out the character whenever they wanted.

24 Hours Of Le Mans Mega Gallery | Toyota Wins Again

24 Hours of Le Mans Mega Gallery | Toyota wins again

Toyota Gazoo Racing just took its second one-two finish at the 24 Hours of Le Mans for the second straight year, and it was another dominant performance. As the only factory-backed cars in the top-tier LMP1 class, Toyota was expected to beat the rest of the field with ease. However, a tire puncture and pitstop shenanigans in the final hour ended up causing more drama than was necessary for the No. 7 Toyota that was leading for the majority of the race. That allowed the No. 8 Toyota to snag first place near the end, making Fernando Alonso, Sébastien Buemi and Kazuki Nakajima the winners.

The No. 51 Ferrari 488 GTE took home the class win in GTE Pro, and the No. 85 Ford GT nabbed the win for the GTE Am class. Ford will be happy to see the GT go out on top at Le Mans, as the company already announced that this is the last 24 Hours of Le Mans it's backing in the Ford GT program. We compiled a gallery of best hits above, so enjoy the photography from Circuit de la Sarthe in France.

Alonso To Leave Toyota Wec Team After 24 Hours Of Le Mans

Alonso to leave Toyota WEC team after 24 Hours of Le Mans

LONDON — Fernando Alonso will be replaced by New Zealander Brendon Hartley in the Toyota World Endurance Championship (WEC) team after the 24 Hours of Le Mans in June, the Japanese manufacturer announced on Wednesday. Toyota said Formula One two-time champion Alonso "will explore new motorsport adventures within the Toyota Gazoo Racing family." No details were given, but the Spaniard recently tested a Toyota Dakar Rally car in South Africa. The next edition of that race will be held in Saudi Arabia in January 2020. Alonso won Le Mans with Toyota last year and will be trying to win the Indianapolis 500 with McLaren later this month to become only the second driver to complete the so-called "Triple Crown of Motorsport." "Now is a good time to take on new challenges, and there are many interesting opportunities to explore within Toyota Gazoo Racing," said the 37-year-old, who left Formula One last year. "We still have two important races remaining as we are still in the fight to become WEC World Champions, and I will be pushing hard to win both of them." Hartley won Le Mans with Porsche in 2017 and is a two-time World Endurance champion. He raced in Formula One with Toro Rosso last year. "I believe I am returning to WEC an even stronger driver following my experience in Formula One," he said. The 2019-20 WEC season starts at Silverstone on Sept. 1 and runs to Le Mans on June 14, 2020.