Tunisia Attackers Given Life Sentence

Tunisia attackers given life sentence

A Tunisian court has handed down life sentences to seven people involved in two deadly attacks at a museum and a resort hotel in 2015.

The first attack, at the Bardo museum in the capital Tunis, left 22 dead. Three Japanese nationals were among the victims.

Japanese Victims In Tunisia Attack To Return Home

Japanese victims in Tunisia attack to return homeThree Japanese victims of the terror attack in Tunisia last Wednesday are on the way home.
A plane carrying the coffins of 49-year-old Chiemi Miyazaki, her 22-year-old daughter Haruka and 66-year-old Machiyo Narusawa left a Tunisian airport on Monday.

Japanese Police Launch Probe Into Tunisia Attack

Japanese police launch probe into Tunisia attackPolice in Tokyo and neighboring Saitama Prefecture have jointly launched a task force to investigate the shooting rampage at a Tunisian museum that killed 3 Japanese women.
The 60-member force set up on Monday will look into the deaths as suspected murder. They will apply the Japanese Penal Code for crimes committed abroad.

Japan Confirms Deaths Of 3 Nationals In Tunisia Attack

Japan confirms deaths of 3 nationals in Tunisia attackThree Japanese were killed, and three others injured, in the militant attack on tourists in Tunisia, the Japanese government said Thursday.
The Tunisian prime minister said earlier that five Japanese were among the 19 victims, but an unnamed Japanese official said that after checking the report, Japan found that some of the names were overlapping, according to Japanese broadcaster NHK.