Bear in mind, these are my personal choices in no particular order – so feel free to let us know your own favourites in the comments below
Sony Xperia Smartphones are packed with the best of Sony Camera technology; all of Sony’s heritage and expertise locked and loaded in your hand – so, without further ado…
- Fast capture – a neat feature; even when in standby, by pressing the camera key, you can go from sleep to snap in a little over a second. Not one for artistic shots, but great for capturing action or even mishaps and misfortune
- Customisable menu – simply hit settings on your camera interface screen and then drag and drop your preferred setting into the viewfinder window. One for the budding professionals or perfectionists amongst us giving you easy access to all your favourite functions!
- Different capture modes (Normal, Scene recognition, Sweep Panorama, Sweep Multi Angle and 3D Sweep Panorama). This is sweet and something that’s a hallmark of Sony Digital Cybershot cameras. In normal – you pick the scene settings manually and with scene recognition – let your Xperia smartphone take a guess, it’s no slouch! Then there’s also…
- Sweep Panorama, Sweep Multi-angle and 3D Sweep panorama - sweep panorama has featured in Xperia smartphones for longer than I dare to remember! We’re always looking to evolve this functionality – 3D Sweep Panorama lets you create panoramic photos that can be viewed in either 2D or 3D on a compatible TV. Then, my favourite is Sweep Multi-angle; it lets you create an almost lenticular image that gives the impression of depth – sweet huh?
- Sensory perception – your Xperia smartphone camera features an Exmor R BSI CMOS sensor. To geek out for a minute, the sensor uses a back illuminated sensor which means the light receptor isn’t blocked by the wire circuit – which then means light falls directly onto the receptive areas of the sensor – which means more light – which means less noise, even in low light – which means happier snapping in all light conditions!