As announced in the press release “Additional Purchases of Sprint Corporation Shares” dated August 6, 2013, SoftBank Corp. (the “Company”) has purchased additional shares (“Additional Purchases”) of Sprint Corporation (“New Sprint”), a subsidiary located in the U.S., through a wholly-owned U.S. subsidiary of the Company, beginning on August 1, 2013. The Company announces that its substantial ownership of the outstanding shares of New Sprint common stock has reached approximately 80%,*1 and the Additional Purchases have been completed.
1. Outline of Additional Purchases
(1) Investing company Galaxy Investment Holdings, Inc.
(a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company)
(2) Number of shares purchased 74,559,641 shares*2
(Share of outstanding shares of New Sprint common stock: 1.90%*1)
(3) Purchase date From August 1, 2013 to September 16, 2013 (EDT)
(4) Aggregate purchase price USD 498,508,805.88 (approx. JPY 50 billion)*2*3
(5) Number of shares held by the Company after Additional Purchases 3,151,085,164 shares
(Share of outstanding shares of New Sprint common stock: 80.23%*1)
Galaxy Investment Holdings, Inc. (a Delaware corporation) acquired shares in compliance with Rule 10b-18 (Safe Harbor Rule) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended (the “Act”) from August 1, 2013 to August 29, 2013, and pursuant to a written plan under Rule 10b5-1 of the Act and in compliance with Rule 10b-18 of the Act from September 10, 2013 to September 16, 2013.